Product Description4 movies on 2 DVD's
1. Fighting Caravans (1931, run time 80 minutes) Also starring Lili Damita
A young frontiersman (Cooper) facing a misdemeanor jail term, talks French-born Felice (Damita) into posing as his wife to avoid being arrested. They join a wagon train headed West, and he is sole trail guide as they battle Indians and a villanous gun-runner. Their seesaw relationship provides an interesting love theme. Based on a Zane Grey novel.
2. A Farewell To Arms (1932, run time 83 minutes) Also starring Helen Hayes
Based on Ernest Hemingway's novel, this is a World War I love story about paramedic Lt. Henry (Cooper) and nurse Catherine Barkley (Hayes). This poignant, ill-fated romance takes place in Italy where the two fall in love and will stop at nothing to be together. Academy Award Nominations: Best Picture; Best Art Direction.
3. Meet John Doe (1941, run time 135 minutes) Also starring Barbara Stanwyck
A suicidal down-and-outer, "John Doe" (Cooper) is manipulated by an ambitious politician and a newspaper writer (Stanwyck). This Depression-era parable illustrates the decency of the common man triumphing over cynicism, big-money influence and power. Academy Award Nomination for Best Original Story.
4. Stolens Jools (1931, run time 20 minutes) Also starring Norma Shearer
This humorous story is an investigation of the theft of Norma Shearer's jewelry at a big, star-packed party. Party goers include Joan Crawford, Laurel & Hardy, "Gabby" Hayes, Buster Keaton, Maurice Chevalier, Irene Dunne, the list goes on and on.
- Gary Cooper
- Barbara Stanwyck
- Helen Hayes
- Norma Shearer
- Stan Laurel
- LNMN-B0000VLLCA POMN-B0000VLLCA MN-B0000VLLCA
- David Burton
- Frank Borzage
- Frank Capra
- Harold S. Bucquet
- John G. Adolfi
- Black & White
- English Original Language